25/09/2013

Raspberry Financiers or how to come back in style

Hullo, Hullo,



Yeah, Instagram  makes everything look great
It's been a while since I last wrote here! But it's not because I wasn't writing that I didn't make use of my fingers for the sake of this blog. While the sun was shining, the birds singing and the Britons sun bathing (believe me or not, it was actually a sunny summer), I've been baking (not much tho, going to the pub sounded like a much better idea at the time). And I tried this awesome recipe of my beloved financier.
Here you go :


Ingredients ( about 6 cakes):
  • 50   gr of ground almonds
  • 50   gr  of flour (you can use gluten free)
  • 75   gr of butter
  • 100 gr of caster sugar
  •  4 egg white with a pinch of salt
  • 1 raspberry per cake (or more if you wish). 

Optional:
  • 1/2 ts of vanilla extract (cuiller à café pour les Français).  

Method: 
  •  Preheat your oven at 200°c
  •  Butter your financiers dish (if you don't have any, you can use muffin's one, it does the job as well)
  •  Melt the butter 
  •  In a bowl, mix the almond powder, sugar and flour (add the vanilla essence if you are keen on it)
  • Whip up the egg white until stiff (Christian Grey if you hear me I can cook AND I have a synonyms dictionary) .
  • Add the egg whites gently to the previous mix. When it's done, add the butter slowly. 
  • To finish put one raspberry per cake. 
  • Put in the oven for about 15 min. 

Prepare some tea, relax, eat one cake (or 2), you deserve it.

See you next time for I don't know what yet, but I'm sure it'll be awesome (or not but who cares : ) !
 L. 

PS: If you don't want to waste the egg yolk, you can use them for custard or a nice crème brûlée.


1 commentaire:

  1. I'd like to sign up for a taste of the next bacth please! Also recommending that recipe, I've tried it myself, it's really easy and delicious. Just remember to let the financiers cool down for a while before eating them, they'll be much better ^^

    RépondreSupprimer